Lent Study: The Great Ends of the Church
Save the date for Feb. 18 (The start of Lent) for a new Adult Ed opportunity! This Sunday School class coincides with the Lenten sermon series and will be accompanied with the Wednesday Night Soup Supper called Building Community.
Being Reformed: the Great Ends of the Church explores the interconnected unity of the great ends, the challenges they pose, and how to show and tell the gospel of God’s church.
The six-session study challenges participants to commit themselves to fostering the six great ends in their congregation, the community, and their personal lives.
The Great Ends are:
- The proclamation of the gospel for the salvation of humankind
- The shelter, nurture, and spiritual fellowship of the children of God
- The maintenance of divine worship
- The preservation of the truth
- The promotion of social righteousness
- The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the world
Classes at Wellshire begin on February 18 during Adult Education time. Details on additional class times to follow.