Wellshire Presbyterian Church in Denver has an active Sunday school curriculum for young children through adults. Most of our Sunday school classes don’t require registration. You may attend Sunday school as often as you wish.
Many care, worship and education options are available. If you have specific questions about Wellshire Sunday school, contact Kendal Mullins.
Find out more about Wellshire’s programs for:
Babies, toddlers, pre-kindergarten and kindergarten
We offer a safe and fun learning environment for children on Sunday mornings.
For little ones, we offer loving care all Sunday morning in age-specific rooms:
- Babies and infants are sung to and rocked in a nurturing environment. Our nursery is for babies who are six weeks old through 12 months old.
- Toddlers share in Bible stories, supervised play and snack time.
- Pre-schoolers participate in age-appropriate Bible study curriculum, songs, and snack time.
- During the 10:00 hour, pre-kindergarten and kindergarten kids participate in a special worship experience called “Children and Worship.” Using a sensory style of storytelling, God is experienced through mystery, awe and wonder, and children learn how to worship in a meaningful way.
Our staff members are experts in early childhood care. Each of them has had a criminal background check, as well as first aid and CPR training. Our volunteers have completed background checks too. They’re supervised by our staff.
Feel free to bring your kids to the Children’s Suite on the lower level anytime during worship hours.
Grades one through five
Sunday school classes for grades one through five are offered during worship services. Classes are based on age-relevant curriculum. Sunday school classes are divided by:
- 9:00 am – multi-age Kindergarten through 5th grade
- 11:00 am – Kindergarten through 2nd grade and 3rd through 5th grade
For middle school youth, Sunday school is built around a media-based curriculum. The topics are real and relevant. Through the use of contemporary media, music and film clips, we bring age-appropriate themes, scripture, and situation ethics to life for discussion and learning. Middle school youth rotate study between Old Testament, New Testament, Prayer and Spiritual Practices. and understanding our reformed heritage.