Alternative Christmas Market
Sunday, November 18
9:00 am-12:30 pm
Wellshire’s Alternative Christmas Market returns to the Wellshire Library and Narthex.
- shop handcrafted and fair trade goods from Denver and around the world
- find gifts for friends, family, teachers, and colleagues
- support and learn about life-giving ministries, including Haiti Partners, Hunger Task Force, Lomagundi Clinic, and The Gathering Place
How it works:
- Visit the tables of Wellshire’s ministry partners
- Select items; each ministry partner will mark on your Shopping List the amount purchased from their table.
- Check out by taking your Shopping List and gifts to the check-out table where ALL of your purchases will be totaled by a Cashier and paid for by check, cash, or credit card
On Sunday, November 18, Wellshire will gather together for a celebration of Thanksgiving. The combined Children’s and Adult Choirs will be presenting beautiful Thanksgiving selections for our church family. Dr. Bell’s meditation will be based on the Ten Lepers (Luke 17:11-19) in a sermon entitled “Now Thank We All Our God” which we will sing at the conclusion of the service.
During this service, you will also have the opportunity to pledge your “first fruits” in the spirit of generosity to the annual operating budget for the coming year.
PLEASE NOTE: This NO YOUTH GROUP on Sunday, November 18. We apologize for any confusion.
We Belong to God
ADVANCE CARE PLANNING SEMINAR
Saturday, November 3 | 10:00 am to noon
Wellshire Presbyterian Church
We are mortal, end of life planning is a profound gift and guide to those who remain to make decisions in the midst of grief.
This two part series will include an interactive story-driven seminar on Advanced Directives by Dr. John Lobitz of Tomorrow’s Choices on Saturday, November 3 from 10:00 am to noon. Participants will leave with all the tools needed to complete medical Advanced Directives and may return two weeks later for a “signing party” to complete documents on Saturday, November 17 at 3:00 pm. In addition, Rev. Katie Robb Davis will offer guidance and worksheets on memorial service planning on the 17th.
RSVPs to Kris are helpful but not required.
Moms and Dads of Tweens and Teens:
Bring your own Bible and beverage (BYOBB) on Thursdays as we join in a community offering support in faith development. Moms meet the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month beginning Oct. 4 from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at Wellshire. Dads meet the 2nd and 4th Thursdays beginning Oct. 11. No preparation required.