- Sunday, October 1 at 12:00pm
Membership at Wellshire is open to ALL who affirm faith in Jesus Christ! Join the pastors for lunch and an informal information session and get-to-know-you. Those interested in this formal commitment to faith in community would be received in worship on Sunday, October 8. RSVP with Katie (Or, save the date for the next new members class January 21 & 28).
Diversity Task Force Guest Speaker
- Thursday, September 28, 2023, at 6:30 pm, Room 208
The Diversity Task Force will host Anne-Marie Moyes from the Korey Wise Innocence Project (KWIP) to talk with us about their work. Everyone is invited to learn more about this program. The Korey Wise Innocence Project provides free investigative and legal services to people serving time in Colorado prisons for crimes they did not commit. As part of the Colorado Law and CU Boulder community, KWIP’s staff also mentors law students and undergraduate students in both the legal and advocacy work of our project.
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Day
- Saturday, September 16, 7:50 am to 3:30 pm
Come and contribute to solving the housing crisis with Wellshire friends at Habitat’s new construction site in Wheatridge. Ages 16 and up. Construction supervisors teach you what you need to know! Register for a spot today.
It’s time to RECONNECT at WPC!
- Sunday, September 10
Reconnect to God if you’ve been adrift. Reconnect in service/ministry/volunteerism if you’ve been away. Reconnect to your church family.
Wellshire is a Matthew 25 church, calling each of us to actively serve others. We are holding a “Matthew 25 Festival” on Re-connect Sunday, when we return to two worship services at 9:00 and 11:00 am. The Festival will feature opportunities to serve Wellshire, Denver, and the global community. Spend some time between services exploring and learning about different ways you can serve.
We will be offering free family photo sessions for our church directory…or your Christmas cards!
Early Service Time Change to 9:00 am!
Big changes are coming to the early worship service. First and importantly, beginning September 10, we are moving the service start time back to 9:00 a.m. We will return to some of our pre-pandemic practices, such as making the service a bit shorter (approximately 45 minutes), placing the Passing of the Peace at the end of the service, and removing some of more formal liturgical parts. It will be a simpler and more stream-lined service. Give it a try, beginning September 10!
This Year, Let Your Soul Sing Out Loud
Come and participate in one of our musical groups! Sing, play your instrument, learn how to play hand bells! Music for all ages and skill levels is starting soon.
- Adult choirs/Music Team: rehearsal and potluck Wednesday, August 30, 6:00 pm, Rich residence
- Confluence Band and Celebration Singers: rehearsal September 6, 5:00 pm, Sanctuary
- Sanctuary Choir: September 6, 7:00 pm, Choir Room
- Cherub/Children’s Rehearsals: September 10, 4:15 pm, Choir and Ensemble Room
- Youth Music: as part of MS/HS orientation and dinner, September 10, 5:00 pm, Fellowship Hall
- Handbells: Monday September 11, 7;00 pm, Ensemble Room
- Tech Team: We will train you and work around your availability! Reach out to Steve Cearley to learn more.
- Solo and Instrumental opportunities by special arrangement.
For more information, please contact Director of Music, Christine Gaudreau.
HOLY SMOKES All-Church Potluck
- Wednesday, August 23, 6:00 pm, Eisenhower Park
Come to Eisenhower Park for food and fun for all ages. Bring a side dish or salad to share and something to sit on. BBQ main dish will be provided. Join your Wellshire pastors and staff for this annual tradition as we kick off fall. Everyone is invited! (If it is raining at 6:00, come at 7:00.)
Race 4 Research
- Sunday, August 20, 9:00 am, Washington Park
It’s the 27th annual 5K run and walk, in memory of Michele Plachy-Rubin. Come out and support the Plachy Family by registering here. A fundraising team has been established called Team Wellshire. Join in and help raise money for cancer research and patient services. For more info email Sara Collyar. It’s possible to race and attend church in your race shirt and bib number!