The Praying in Color Weekend is a wonderful way to begin the season of Lent. As we emphasize prayer during Lent, plan to spend part of your weekend with Sybil MacBeth, author of Praying in Color. Workshops will be offered on Saturday, February 21 and Sunday, February 22. Praying in Color is for all ages and can be done anywhere, anytime.[clear]
Here are some reasons to Pray in Color:
- You want to pray but words escape you
- Sitting still and staying focused in prayer
are a challenge
- Your body wants to be part of your prayer
- You want to just hang out with God but don’t know how
- Listening to God feels like an impossible task
- Your mind wanders and your body complains
- You want a visual, concrete way to pray
- You need a new way to pray
SATURDAY, February 21 LENTEN MINI-RETREAT
9:00 am – Noon – Cost: $40*
Room: Fellowship 2 (includes book and lunch)
This workshop is for youth and adults (12 yrs. and older) and will include time to engage with scripture using meditative tools. Childcare by request.
SUNDAY, February 22 INTERGENERATIONAL WORKSHOP
9:55-10:50 am – No cost
Room: Fellowship 2
This all ages workshop is the “lite” version, providing a brief introduction to praying in color with children and adults.
Please RSVP for the Saturday workshop to Holly Inglis at: 303-758-2233 ex. 115 or email email@example.com
*Payable by cash or check at the event.
Sybil MacBeth’s books and DVDs will be available for purchase at each event.