Friday, December 21, 2018
For many, the Christmas season coincides with grief, loss, health struggles, unemployment, and other life challenges. You are invited to a service of scripture, poetry, and carols at 6:00 pm in the Wellshire chapel on Friday, December 21, the longest night of the year. Take a moment for quiet devotion, and hold space for the grief, love, and sorrow that can coincide with the Christmas season, even as we look in hope for the light that shines in the darkness.
Sunday, November 11, 2018 – Children’s Sabbath
2 Worship Services: 9:00 am and 11:00 am – Chapel
Sunday, November 11, is Children’s Sabbath. The children of Wellshire will lead us in worship. Our Children’s and Youth Choirs are singing in celebration. In addition, the service will be surrounded by two wonderful selections by the Celebration Ringers.
- Childcare: Children 6 weeks-preschool are welcome downstairs from 8:45 am to 12:15 pm.
- Sunday School is on break next week for the kids to attend Children’s Sabbath
- Youth Group: Middle school meets at 5:00, dinner at 6:00, and high school meets at 6:30 pm. Please bring $5 for dinner.
Come early for the Hard Hat Special Breakfast Too! Due to construction, the usual Deacon’s Pancake Breakfast will be a “Hard Hat Special” breakfast in the north upstairs hallway. Come for a time of breakfast treats and fellowship! Proceeds support the Deacons’ Fund, which provides support for members and guests in need.
November 16. 6:00 to 8:00 pm. Families and children, come prepare our hearts together for Advent. Share a meal, discover more about Christmas around the world, and contribute to mission projects. Block your calendar for November 16 as we share in and celebrate the diverse Christmas traditions of our neighbors.
Food is needed for the potluck! Click here to sign-up.
Alternative Christmas Market
Sunday, November 18
9:00 am-12:30 pm
Wellshire’s Alternative Christmas Market returns to the Wellshire Library and Narthex.
- shop handcrafted and fair trade goods from Denver and around the world
- find gifts for friends, family, teachers, and colleagues
- support and learn about life-giving ministries, including Haiti Partners, Hunger Task Force, Lomagundi Clinic, and The Gathering Place
How it works:
- Visit the tables of Wellshire’s ministry partners
- Select items; each ministry partner will mark on your Shopping List the amount purchased from their table.
- Check out by taking your Shopping List and gifts to the check-out table where ALL of your purchases will be totaled by a Cashier and paid for by check, cash, or credit card