Children and Family Programs
Wellshire Presbyterian Church offers many educational programs and activities for children and families to help you develop and practice your faith.
We invite you to participate in our children’s ministry and family ministry!
About our children’s ministryAt Wellshire, we help kids develop the foundation for life-long faith and service.
Through programs such as children’s Sunday school, Children and Worship, and spiritual experiences — we help children open their minds and hearts to God. For many children, church is where they fully discover God’s actions in their lives and in the world around them.Our church programs for children include:
- Sunday school activities for children of all ages.
- “Parents Day Out” — a program (one day per week) for toddlers and pre-school age children that centers on developmental play and themes.
- “Club 45” — a fellowship experience for kids in 4th and 5th grade.
- Christian youth groups for kids in 6th to 12th grade.
- Children’s musical ensembles.
About our family ministryOur family ministry complements our children’s ministry. Through our Presbyterian family programs, we encourage and equip the modern family to practice their faith together — at home, in the community, on the way to children’s soccer practice, and so on. The best practices and activities we share help parents and their children learn how to support faith conversations, spiritual connections, and the creative practice of faith in everyday life. Our church programs for families include:
- “Parents Day Out” described in our children’s ministry section above.
- Family fellowship groups — multiple groups for families are offered to gather for study, sharing, fellowship and service.
- Adult Christian education classes.
Children + Family Ministries at Wellshire seeks volunteers on Sunday mornings: Help provide childcare to Wellshire’s youngest between 9:00 am and noon on Sunday mornings during worship. Two shifts are available – 9:00 am to 10:30 am and 10:30 am to noon. Please pick as many dates as you’d like to volunteer. Volunteers are required to be 18 years or older, please. Youth 13 yrs and older may assist by contacting the Childcare Coordinator or call 303-758-2233, ext. 111 to see what dates and times are still needed.